2013 brought some real challenges, especially the deaths of two of my coworkers less than a month apart. It also brought a massive blizzard that I missed, the death of one of my cats, and the retirement of several long-term, fantastic board members at my college.
But this year also brought some really great things, things I want to make sure I acknowledge and express gratitude for.
In no particular order, these are the 13 best things about 2013:
1. My daughter earned her second master’s degree and is now the most educated woman on both sides of our family for as long as we’ve tracked our families.
2. My son got married to a wonderful, beautiful young woman who loves him like crazy.
3. My daughter-in-law (aforementioned) got her first professional job teaching high school, and my son-in-law started his master’s degree in business.
4. Breaking Bad.
5. My mother and father are still with us. As are all of my siblings and their families. I am especially grateful for our good health.
6. I celebrated my 29th anniversary with the love of my life.
7. I finished my coursework for my doctorate and will be, officially, ABD in February if I pass my comps.
8. I saw Pearl Jam! Yep, that’s right, Pearl Jam. In Oklahoma City. And it was magical.
9. I started the corner farmhouse blog and actually made over 20 posts. That’s big, people! Big!
10. I reconnected with childhood friends on facebook. Kids I grew up with and went to school with all 12 years (or mostly). Still the best friends I have ever had.
11. I read To Kill a Mockingbird for the 35th time and got to meet Mary Badham, who played Scout in the movie.
12. I got to have lunch with Carlotta Walls-Lanier, the youngest of the students who integrated Little Rock High School in the 1950s. She is a fascinating, lovely woman.
13. I turned 50 and swam a mile on my birthday; swimming that mile was the biggest goal I set for myself this year!
Please let me know if you’re looking for a author
for your weblog. You have some really good posts and I
think I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d really like to write some articles for your blog in exchange
for a link back to mine. Please send me an email if interested.
This is very interesting, You are a very skilled blogger.
I’ve joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your fantastic post.
Also, I’ve shared your website in my social networks!
Link exchange is nothing else except it is simply placing the other person’s blog link on your page at suitable
place and other person will also do same in favor of you.
When I originally commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox
and now each time a comment is added I get four e-mails with the
same comment. Is there any way you can remove people from that service?
I pay a quick visit daily some web sites and information sites to read articles or
reviews, but this webpage presents feature based content.
Hello, of course this piece of writing is genuinely
fastidious and I have learned lot of things from it
regarding blogging. thanks.